The data is handled by Interoffices BVBA (BE0507698394) referred as ‘Organizer’
To contact us:
Legal Address: Kunstlaan 56, 1000 Brussels
Call: +32 (0) 243 108 01
1. What types of data do we handle?
We may handle the following types of data, depending on our relationship with you:
• Name, first name
• Company name, country, postal code, telephone number, e-mail address
• If you are a company subscribing to the Proptech Awards:
Following list of data is requested in order to put forward the application to enter the Proptech Startup awards
Name of organization, Website URL, Date of creation, Funding, Information on investors, Turnover 2017and/ or Projected revenue 2017-2018, Target Customers, USP’s, Pain Points, Referrals, EU Sustainable goals, Funding / Investment looking, Pitch Deck, Team size and profiles, Founder(s) background, business model
• any information exchanged between ‘Organizer’ and the ‘User’, including by email or phone, about the fulfillment of services or contracts;
• The type of relationship/status you have with us (see above)
• The newsletters to which you have subscribed
• The date on which the information was recorded and the source
2. For what objectives do we use your personal details and what is the legal basis for using them?
With your authorization (legal basis: article 6a of the regulation on private life), we use your data in particular for the following purposes:
• Analysis by the Jury for Proptech EU startup awards
• To send you newsletters to which you have subscribed
• To send you direct marketing material via e-mail (or via any other channel for which the law requires that we obtain your consent)
• To send you newsletters or other direct marketing communication based on your implicit consent if you are an existing client and you have communicated your e-mail address to us.
Any consent can be withdrawn at any time by contacting us according to the procedure set out in the paragraph ‘exercising your rights’.
Within the framework of requesting proposals or in the execution of your contract (legal basis: article 6b of the regulation on private life), we use your data in particular for the following purposes:
• Allowing data to be presented to the Jury Members for each EU country.
• To manage internal or external events in which you may participate as a client, visitor, exhibitor, sponsor, speaker, expert or partner.
• For security reasons
• For accounting, dispute, fraud and legal procedures management, the recovery or transfer of debts and the protection of our rights in general.
When we have a legitimate interest, within the context of our marketing activities. In this case, we always take care to achieve a balance with respect for your private life (legal basis: article 6f of the regulation on private life), we use your data in particular for the following purposes:
• In order to contact you for the purposes of marketing our products and services, potentially on the basis of your marketing profile
• To carry out studies, tests and analyses (including client or market studies) with a view to improving our products, our internal procedures and our overall service
• In order to draw up statistical or trend analyses for reasons of financial or marketing management or for reporting
• In order to prevent or combat any potential fraud or infringement.
In order to comply with current legal obligations to which we are subject (legal basis: article 6c of the regulation on private life)
In certain cases, we are also subject to legal obligations imposing the handling and/or transmission of certain elements of personal data to administrations or institutions as set out by law.
3. Can your personal data be passed to third parties?
Your personal data can be passed to third parties in the following cases:
• To our Jury Members in a secured and highly protected environment: All Jury members will access the relevant data on the startup applications through https://www.judgify.me
Transfer of data outside of the European Union.
If you are located in Europe, your data will not be transferred outside of the European Union.
4. How long do we keep your data?
|Prospects||3 years from the date you are recorded in our database|
|Startup subscriptions||10 years following your last purchase|
|Visitors to events||10 years following your last visit|
|Exhibitors and/or sponsors||10 years following your last participation|
|Speakers, experts, partners||Your details remain recorded in our database as long as you continue to exercise the function for which you were recorded in it|
|Readers of our newsletters||3 years after you last opened the newsletter OR 3 years from the date when you subscribed to our newsletter|
5. How do we protect your data?
Your data is handled in total confidentiality. We take all the necessary technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of your data.
6. What are your rights? How can you exercise them?
In accordance with the legislation on private life, you have the right to access and to correct your data.You also have the right to ask to be forgotten, in cases set out by the law.
In a case of dispute relative to the handling of your data, you can ask for a suspension of the handling of your data until the dispute is resolved.
Finally, you also have the right to data portability.
7. Your right to object
At any time and without the need to justify this, you have the right to object to the use of your data for direct marketing purposes and to the use of marketing profiles based on your data. You also have the right to object to your data being passed to third parties for the same purposes of direct marketing.
8. To exercise these rights:
You should send us a written request, along with a proof of your identity, to the following address: Interoffices bvba, Avenue des Arts 56, 1000 Brussels, Belgium or by email: email@example.com
You also have recourse to the Commission for the Protection of Private Life at this address:
Address: Telephone: Email:
Postal box 4, Brussels, 37, 1000 Brussels +32 (0) 243 108 01 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Proptechhouse team